Take control of a small team of contractors, hired by mysterious suits for impossible jobs against powerful corporations. Your contractors each have custom cybernetics that allow them to use a host of abilities, represented by cards. These cards are used in turn-based combat for actions such as movement, attacking, defending, and special abilities. Along with combat, you'll also encounter events, character upgrades, and black market shops as you explore each corporation. Add and remove cards from your decks to customize each character to your liking!
- It's called Power, not mana
- Playing cards costs Power, and the bad news is that each round your Power resets to zero. The good news is that each card can also be discarded to gain Power. Do you keep each character balanced and focus your Power on the character with the best hand each turn? Or do you make one of your characters into a recycler to fuel their killing machine companion?
- Game-changing cybernetic upgrades
- Along with adding new cards to their decks, characters can also be modified through permanent Upgrades. Unlike cards, these Upgrades are always active and can greatly change how a character plays. Want to drain the life from your enemies every time they bleed? That can be arranged, at the cost of never healing through standard means again.
- Unique character classes
- Each player character is represented by a different class, and each class has their own unique cards to build a deck from. The Soldier uses ranged attacks with his guns and shields to block incoming damage. The Ninja is limited to mostly melee attacks with their daggers, but can also move around the maps with ease to avoid enemy attacks entirely.
- Random-ish levels
- Hand-made environments and encounters are pieced together through procedural generation to build each unique level. Changing layouts, hazards, and events keep each run fresh, while enemy encounters and combat maps are designed for fun and challenge.